Agenda of Nantwich Town Council Meeting
Thursday 9 June 2022, 6.30pm, Peggy Killick Suite, Nantwich Civic Hall
- 1. PUBLIC FORUM
- 1.1. To receive a report from Police representatives and discuss policing issues in the town.
- 1.2. To receive representations from members of the public.
- 1.3. To receive any representations from the public on planning applications.
- 1.4. To receive any questions submitted in advance in writing.
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To receive any apologies for absence.
- DECLARATION OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS
Members are asked to declare any disclosable pecuniary interests relating to items on the agenda in accordance with the Council’s adopted Code of Conduct.
- CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES
- To receive and approve as a correct record the minutes of the of the Annual Town Council meeting held on 12th May 2022. (attached)
- To receive and note the minutes of the meeting of the Policy Committee held on 26th May 2022 and to accept and approve the recommendations contained within the minutes (attached).
- MAYOR’S REPORT
To receive a list of the Mayor’s engagements and to receive any announcements by the Mayor.
- PLANNING CONTROL
Applications for Planning Permission – notification of planning applications by Cheshire East Council upon which comments are to be made (see list attached). The applications will be displayed at the meeting for inspection.
- ANNUAL INTERNAL AUDIT REPORT
To consider the Annual Internal Audit Report and note the actions to address the recommendations.
- ACCOUNTS 2021/2022- GOVERNANCE STATEMENT
To approve the Governance Statement for 2021/2022.
- ACCOUNTS 2021/2022 – ACCOUNTING STATEMENTS
To receive a report on the Accounts for 2021/2022 and approve:
- The Accounting Statement for the Annual Return
- Income and Expenditure 2021/22
- Report of Variances (2020/2021 and 2021/22)
- d) Asset Register for 2021/22.
- ACCOUNTS 2021/2022– ANNUAL RETURN
Council is asked to RESOLVE, in accordance with the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015, that the Annual Return for 2021/2022 be approved, signed by the Mayor and submitted to the External Auditor, PKF Littlejohn LLP.
- ANNUAL REPORT 2021/22
To approve the draft Annual Report of the Town Council for 2021/22 (attached).
- SNOWHILL TOILETS
To consider the recommendations of the working group for the refurbishment of the former Snowhill toilet block.
- CHESHIRE EAST – COMMUNITY GOVERNANCE REVIEW
To receive an update on the outcome of the Community Governance Review carried out by Cheshire East Council. (details attached)
- ChALC – ANNUAL MEETING MOTIONS
To consider a request for the inclusion of a notice of motion on the ChALC Annual General Meeting to be held on 27th October 2022. The Annual Meeting motion provides Member Councils with an opportunity to garner the support of the association membership with moving forward an issue that is of concern or interest. Further details attached.
- ChALC – DOUBLE TAXATION SURVEY RESULTS
Following the conclusion of the Double Taxation survey carried out by ChALC as a result of a notice of motion by Nantwich Town Council in 2021, they have requested comments from the town council prior to further discussion by the ChALC Executive Board.
- NANTWICH FOOTBALL CLUB
Correspondence has been received from the Football Club seeking the opportunity to meet with the Town Council to discuss how they can work with the Town Council to develop a vibrant activity hub. (details attached)
- DYSART CAR PARK NANTWICH
Correspondence has been received from Cheshire East Council seeking comments on a request received from Chatwins Bakery for the provision of 6 parking bays at Dysart car park for the private use by Chatwins through a contract parking arrangement. (details attached)
- BROOKFIELD PARK ROUNDABOUT
To consider a financial contribution for the replacement of the now removed children’s roundabout at Brookfield Park.
- NANTWICH CLIMATE CHANGE WORKING GROUP
To receive an update on the work of the Climate Change working group, along with the minutes of the three meetings held.
- NOTICE OF MOTION
Councillor Moran and Councillor Groves – That Council consider and agree a course of action relating to concerns for planning control and enforcement, particularly relating to shop frontages in the town.
- BOROUGH COUNCILLORS REPORTS
To receive reports from Cheshire East Borough Councillors.
- REPORTS OF REPRESENTATIVES
Members representing the Council on outside bodies or organisations are asked to report on matters of interest.
These files may not be suitable for users of assistive technology and are in the following formats: .pdf. Request an accessible format.
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology and are in the following formats: .pdf. Request an accessible format.