Nantwich Church is a major tourist attraction with an estimated 50,000 visitors per year. The visitors include numerous school parties, visiting church parties, coach party “stop-offs” and casual visitors who all come to see:-
- the magnificent building
- the rare 14th Century stone pulpit
- the splendid 14th Century Chancel with its “lierne” vaulting
- the exquisite Choir Stalls with intricate carvings and canopies
- the unusual bread oven
- the strange stone carvings
- the library with rare 17th Century books
- the breathtaking Jubilee curtain
- the fine collection of kneelers
- and many other features.
St Mary’s Church has a dedicated team of specialist tour guides who are able to escort visiting parties around the church and point out features of interest.
Many of the school parties that visit the church find the tours given by the guides very helpful in explaining the many historical features, of this magnificient building, to enhance their knowledge and understanding . All visiting paties to St Mary’s will immediately feel the warmth and balance of not only a physical church but a living church.
Visits can be arranged via the Parish Office – telephone 0044 (0)1270 625268.
For more information visit the Church web site.