Nantwich Local Area Partnership ( LAP) brings together a wide range of people from the statutory, voluntary and community sectors. By working together, the LAP focuses collective effort on what really matters, delivering improved outcomes for local people and places.
Its role is to improve services, ensure people influence decision-making and to actively engage and empower communities.
LAP Working Groups deliver the actions relating to identified priorities. The lifetime of these may vary, depending on the timescale relating to their work.
The Nantwich LAP has a number of working groups. The groups have been established to deliver actions which will address the local priorities identified within the LAP Area Plan.
Most groups have an open membership and comprise of community members, officers, volunteers and associated agencies.
In addition to the working groups, from time to time task and finish groups may be established to focus on a targeted piece of work. It is important to note that groups will be developed as and when required dependent upon need.
The current working groups within Nantwich LAP are:
- Youth Action Group – The main priority for the group is to maintain a positive profile and image of young people, and work with them to address their needs.
- Rural Transport Group – Identifying issues and gaps in services, and creating initiatives to improve access to public transport.
- Highways – Identifying problem areas from information gathered by Town and Parish Councils. Giving ward and parish councillors the opportunity to liaise with Highways officers in order to address issues and discuss and agree priority actions.
- Environment and Quality of Place – Providing support for Town and Parish Councils in the development of local plans. Identify, develop and support sustainable ’green’schemes. The group acts collectively to respond to vital consultations that relate to planning and environmental issues.
- Business and Tourism – Developing links with retail, leisure and tourism sectors across the area and supporting business growth, including increasing employment opportunities. Includes ‘Nantwich Flourish’ which was created to give these sectors the opportunity to share issues and drive forward development.
- Health and Wellbeing – Focus is on asset mapping across the area and obtaining both an understanding of local issues and information to feed into the Joint Strategic Needs Assessment.
- Rural Debt/Financial Inclusion – A newly established group that aims to develop practical actions to address emerging issues.
If you would like to get involved in one of the above working groups please contact the LAP Manager.
Nantwich LAP Area Management Group
The Area Management Group (AMG) holds regular monthly business meetings for the purposes of sharing updates regarding new actions and initiatives, and monitoring progress of the Nantwich LAP Action Plan.
AMG meetings are not public meetings. Membership of the group includes the chair from each working group, and a variety representatives from both statutory and voluntary organisations.
The AMG agrees the Area Plan, which based on consultation and evidence from working groups, wider meetings and community events. The Area Plan aims to identify appropriate responses to local priorities. The Action Plan aims to progress specific localised projects and opportunities to improve local services through collaborative ways of working.