A VOLUNTARY GROUP WORKING FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
We are a local, not-for-profit organisation, the members f which offer their time and energies for the benefit of the town, for its residents and visitors alike.
Established some 35 years ago, efforts are mainly on planting flowers. The current portfolio of activities includes, treet planting, sowing wild flowers, creating wildlife habitats, countryside crafts and litter picking.
This year we are joining the Royal Horticultural Society in celebrating 50 years of Britain in Bloom.
Nantwich in Bloom operates through a committee comprising:
Chairman – Tony Percival
Vice Chairman – Tom Deans
Vice Chairman – Mark Betteley
Secretary – Sue Hughes
Treasurer – Mark Betteley
Members – Jean Hallam, Steve Otter, Val Fletcher, David Smith, Sue Sherwood, Christine Farrell, Norma Simpson
– To encourage the participation and support of local residents to make positive and lasting improvements to the environment of Nantwich.
– To work in partnership with other organisations and societies with similar objectives.
– To co-ordinate the town’s participation in various competitions concerned with the objectives of the associations, including Britain in Bloom.
– To conduct fundraising activities, actively seeking grants, sponsorship and other funding from local authorities and businesses as appropriate in order to fund our objectives.
Our group regularly attend planting and weeding sessions around the town and undertake other activities including:
– Designing and sources compost, plants and equipment for displays
– Organising community participation events, such as working parties with school groups, youth groups or businesses
– Planning and publicising fundraising events
– Generating local publicity through poster, leaflets, presentations and even radio interviews
– Litter picking and other environmental clean-ups
– Removing waste and making compost
– Creating wildlife gardens, wildflower meadows
– Coordinating local allotment competitions
– Caring for conservation areas such as Coed Wen on the Shrewbridge Road
The organisation meets regularly to ensure that the town has the best displays possible. The town has a reputation as one of the leading market towns in Britain, regularly winning awards – if you would like to be part of this, click here to contact us.
AN organisation that meets regularly to ensure that the town has the best floral displays especially during the summer months. Nantwich has a fine reputation as one of the leading market towns in Britain’s for its floral displays and has regularly won RHS awards.
Nantwich In Bloom AGM – Thrusday 20th April 2017, 7pm Brookfield Hall, Nantwich
Read more about us: