Nantwich with the support of the Town Council and the local community have regularly entered into the ‘Britain in Bloom’ competitions and have won awards, particularly in the North West, on numerous occasions.
In the last 10 years we have been awarded the accolade of ‘Best Town in the North West’ on no fewer than eight occasions and in 2004, 2006, 2008 and again in 2011 we were nominated to represent the North West in the RHS national finals of the ‘Britain in Bloom’ competition.
– In 2014 we achieved Gold Medal status in the North West in Bloom awards
– In 2013 we achieved Gold Medal Status in the North West in Bloom Awards, we also won the coveted Biodiversity Award presented by the Mayor of Preston and the Arriva Trains ‘Best in Bloom’ Station award.
– In 2011 we were awarded the ‘Best Town in the North West’ and nominated to represent the North West in the RHS UK ‘Britain in Bloom’ finals.
– In 2010 we were awarded Silver Gilt in North West in Bloom, awards also included, Community Pride: Best Town in Cheshire, Overall Champion of Cheshire, Little Gem Award for Volunteers and Cheshire Best Kept Station Awards.
– In 2009 we were again nominated as the ‘Best Town in the North West’.
– In 2008 we were nominated to represent the North West in the UK Britain in Bloom finals where we achieved the Silver Gilt award, also we won the Community Pride ‘Best Town in Cheshire’ and also the ‘Best kept garden in the Best kept Railway Station’.
– In 2006 the judges presented the town with a Silver Gilt award in the UK Britain in Bloom finals, which is second only to Gold.
– In 2004 the judges presented the town a silver award in the UK Britain in Bloom finals.